Oman Fiber Optic Co. S.A.O.G. consists of 3 main divisions:
Fiber Optic Cable Division
OFO manufactures cables for long haul backbone communication links, LAN networks, video transmission and Cable TV, traffic signaling, FTTH solutions, security systems, and defense and specialty applications.
The facility is accredited to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Established in 1999
- Manufactures optical fiber and a wide variety of standard and customized fiber cables, with a capacity of 1.6M km of fiber and 18K km of cable per annum
- New factory in 2014 with state-of-the-art technology from Nextroom, Finland and Rosendahl, Austria
- ISO and OHSAS certified plant enhanced with a comprehensive range of mechanical and optical test equipment for both fiber and cable
- A large number of clients in the Midlle East, Africa and South Asia, ranging from telecom, oil & gas and power & water companies to government institutions.
- USPs: quality, product range, cable customization, value for money, reliability
Outside Plant (OSP) Division
In order to address the growing needs of its cable division customers, as well as the expanding market for communications solutions in Oman, OFO established a new division in 2007, known as the Outside Plant (OSP) Division. The OSP Division specializes in turnkey fiber optic cable (FOC) projects for customers in the Communications, Oil and Gas, and Government market segments. Since its inception, OSP has garnered over R.O. (Rial Omani) 23M in customer contracts.
- Established in 2007
- Specializes in turnkey fiber optic deployment projects, including:
- Perform surveys, planning and design, and acquire permissions for right of way
- Supply cables and perform installation, integration, splicing, testing and commissioning
- Execute training (e.g. on splicing and testing techniques)
- Provide O&M services of FOC networks (24x7)
- A large number of clients in Oman within the sectors of telecom, oil & gas and power & water supply, as well as several government institutions
- Plans already initiated to expand into other countries in the Midlle Eastern region
- USPs: quality, pricing, total project management, reliability, service portfolio
Telecom Solutions Division (TSD)
Well aware of the myriad of opportunities existing in the broadband wireless and system integration business in Oman, OFO established a second new division in 2010, known as the Telecommunications Solutions Division (TSD). This division focuses on turnkey system integration projects involving the design, deployment and operations and maintenance of complex customer networks. To date, the TSD has signed contracts worth over R.O. 30 million. TSD’s largest contract by far is in the Oil and Gas sector in Oman.
Both OSP and TSD report to the General Manager – OSP and TSD.
- Established in 2010
- Specializes in project support and turnkey integration projects including:
- RF planning services (LTE and WiMAX)
- Network design services
- Network implementation services
- Solar energy solution design and deployment
- Network operations services
- Network optimization services
- Support and maintenance services
- Focuses mainly on Omani-based clients within the telecom, oil & gas and power & water supply and government sectors
- Completed a large wireless network design, deployment and integration project for PDO
- USPs: pricing, quality, expertise, reliability, total project management
Learn about OFO Management
Also read more about OFO Services
Contact us today for more information