In evolving transmission networks, bandwidth demands are growing. Triple play solutions, emerging networks, increased appetite for bandwidth and ever changing transmission technologies impose greater demands on matching fiber types to the applications.
Oman Fiber Optic Co. S.A.O.C. offers various fiber types suited for high-bit rate, explosive transmission capacity and long transmission distances. OFO has been drawing Single Mode fibers for captive cabling and is the first company in the region to produce G.652 D compliant fibers. OFO has also invested in deuterium treatment of fibers to permanently remove the water peak defect and to ensure low and stable loss performance in the 1400nm band over the lifetime of the fiber. This makes the E band (1400 nm window) available to inexpensively expand the capacity of optical networks.
OFO also provides fibers for regional and metropolitan networks to operate on terabit transmission rates.
OFO primarily uses in-house fiber for captive cabling requirements. OFO also does marketing of natural and colored fibers to select fiber cable companies.
OFO single mode fibers are drawn from high quality performs and offer the following features:
- Compatibility to conventional single mode fibers and to international specifications.
- Low optical loss across the entire spectrum from 1260 to 1625 nm.
- Tight geometry control for lowest splice loss and improved connectorization performance
- Low PMD to enable higher data rates and distance upgrades.
- Hydrogen ageing effects eliminated and high purity silica to ensure long term reliability.
- A futuristic fiber suited for choice of applications including metropolitan networks, local and access networks and long haul applications.
- Enhanced optical characteristics of the fiber to carry more wavelengths at higher channel speed supporting larger traffic volumes.
OFO also offers Multimode, Non-Zero Dispersion shifted and specialty fibers including:
- Multi mode fibers in 50/125 & 62.5/125 core diameters
- G.655 complaint Non-Zero Dispersion Shifted fibers
- G.653 complaint Dispersion Shifted Fibers
- G.652C Low OH peak fibers
- G.652D Low OH peak Low PMD fibers
The fibers are chosen to optimize effective area, chromatic dispersion and dispersion slope with a view to proper distortion management, tight spacing in the C and L bands, ensure compatibility to future S-bands and thereby enable cost effective operations at 10 & 40 Gbps transmission. OFO offers a wide choice of Non-Zero Dispersion fibers suited for metropolitan networks, ultra long haul transmission networks and balancing the need for greater effective area and reduced cost of dispersion compensation.
Fibers are outsourced from business partners after a detailed review of the network transmission requirements. Specifications for various fiber types are available on request
The bandwidth demands in the enterprise networks are also growing. OFO offers the conventional 50 & 62.5 micron multimode fibers. Besides this, hi-band 50-micron multimode fibers for high performance at data rates of up to 10 Gb/s at 850nm are also available for Gigabit applications. These fibers support high speed LAN networks over 10 GB/s Ethernet, traditional LAN Systems, FDDI, ATM & other network formats. Multimode fibers are chosen to support a wide variety of light sources such as LEDs, 850 nm VCSELs, 780 nm CD lasers and 1300 nm Fabry-Perot lasers.
The transmission requirements differ from network to network, and the choice of the right fiber type is of high importance in effective utilization of the communication network. OFO provides a broad range of G.652 complaint fibers, drawn in-house under controlled conditions. The fibers are in use in more than 25 countries across the world. The fibers demonstrate excellent splice compatibility with other high quality fiber types, and are tuned for very low polarization mode dispersion values. A downloadable version of OFO's G.652 fiber is provided.
Contact us for a quote!